NO EVENT EVER HAPPENS WITHOUT THE GOODWILL OF VOLUNTEERS
The Tri-Cities area has been exceptional when it comes to supporting local running events.
Snake River Island Hop is another opportunity to showcase our community spirit.
Because of the nature of the event, becoming a volunteer could make for up to a 14 hour day. To make it worth your while, each volunteer will receive a custom, aluminum water bottle made by Liberty Bottle Works in Union Gap. You may know them as the company that famously stood up to a customer who was mad they let their employees have Thanksgiving and Christmas off to spend with their families.
Because the Columbia Plateau Trail is a state park, it also means volunteers get to frolic on the trail when not attending to their aid station while Snake River Island Hop pays for the pass fees to use the park. How cool is that?
Volunteers who commit to the full day are also invited to the pre-race dinner on Friday, April 24 at 1700.
We need people to do the following:
- Two ATV riders to sweep the course and make sure runners are okay.
- People to work at the aid stations.
- People to work at the finish line.
- A driver to ferry drop bags to Snake River Junction.
- A driver to return drop bags to Ice Harbor Dam.
- A driver to be staged and on call in case a runner needs to be pulled off the course.
- A driver on call to pull runners off the course who do not make it to the Snake River Junction before the course cut off time at 1700.
If you are interested in volunteering contact the race director for more information.